Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

JoAnn's Grocery Picks for the Week

It seems my brain has been on vacation. So, I'm trying to get back on the wagon and post my picks for the week. Thanks Liesel for picking up the slack. However, all the posts from the past are archived, so if you have access to the week's flyers, you can always go back and compare prices to what I have posted in the past. I'm happy to help, and I hope that eventually you will all be self-sufficient in recognizing good prices for your own specific needs.

NoFrills
corn on the cob 6/$1.86 (The corn has not been that great so far this year - due to the weather, so buyer beware)
tomatoes $.77/lb
colored peppers $1.99/lb
cauliflower $1.49 each
romaine or red /green leaf lettuce $.56
peaches $.78/lb If you didn't get them last week, here is another chance. If you need help canning, call Liesel or myself. I have a canner I can lend out.
cantaloupe $.97 each
chicken breast fresh, back attached $1.97/lb or $4.37/lb
5Alive juice boxes (school's looming nearer!!) $4.49/27 $.17 each
Oatmeal crisp cereal $2.77
Clover leaf tuna $.77/can. I don't buy at this price; I like to wait for $.50/can, but it will be a generic brand, not Clover Leaf. So if brand is an issue, then this is a good buy.
PC granola bars $3.77 for the jumbo box
Nature Valley granola bars $1.69
Diana sauces $1.69
Black diamond cheese slices $2.99/ 500g pkg

Superstore
Generic mac and cheese 3/$1 (limit of 3)
generic ketchup 3/$5
peaches $.77/lb (so if driving to Sylvan is out, you can go here)
frozen chicken breast, boneless, skinless (tasteless - just my opinion) $24.52/4kg box
generic peanut butter $4.98/2kg jar
cukes $2.28/bag of 3
green peppers $.76/lb
green onions or radishes 3bunches/$1
yellow onions 3lbs/$1.68
coleslaw $1.00/pkg

I cannot recall anything noteworthy at Sobey's, Save-on, Safeway or Co-op. If anyone notices something, please fire off a note.
Thanks.
JoAnn

4 comments:

  1. I just bought a few peaches from SS, they are quite large and seem ripe! So that's a pretty good price for how big they are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got back from SS too.
    Thermasilk (I think, purple bottle) $1 a bottle
    PC blue menu toppings first, thin crust pizza $4.97 each
    Unfortunately, some prices have gone up, so you'll have to watch for good deals on the following:
    Delissio Pizza - I only buy if <$5, reg price now $7.50
    sugar snap peas, I like to buy if <$6, reg price today was $8.99!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jo-Ann, Amy was wondering where you've seen tuna for 50 cents a can? We haven't seen that for years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, odd as it seems, the drug stores (Ida or Rexall or even Shoppers's) will feature tuna a few times a year. You just have to keep watch. The last tuna I got was at Shoppers (some generic brand) so I bought 2 cases. I will keep watch and when it comes up again, I'll let you know. In the meantime, anytime it's under $.75, feel free to pick up a couple to tie you over .

    ReplyDelete