Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

JoAnn's Grocery Picks for the Week

Oops! I guess I could justify my lack of posting on the lack of good deals, but that's just lame. However, there isn't much to report this week. 15% day was a non-event, Superstore has precious little, and NoFrills has a few things, so I guess I'll just post that and hope for something more exciting for next week.
Incidentally, Jen, if you are still in the dark, NoFrills is Superstore's small town version. It only has grocery and pharmacy items. No clothing or dry goods. But their prices are great. There is one in Sylvan, Lacombe and Olds. So if you are ever interested, you can carpool or just put in your order. I usually go out there twice/month if the prices can lure me out. To make it even more enticing, the super Walmart is just down the street!! But no need 'cause NoFrills does a good job of matching their prices anyway.

NoFrills
grapes $.97/lb
watermelon $3.47 each
broccoli $.79 each
cucumbers $.79 each
chicken drumstick or thighs $1.99/lb or $4.37/kg
NN smokies 1kg pkg $4.47 (Sobey's had a demo yesterday for smokies sliced, browned and slow-cooked in apricot jam, lemon juice and dijon mustard) It was delicious. I made it today and served it over rice. It was a hit. I added chopped veggies for a complete dinner.
Diana sauces $1.69
2 Pk McCain premier pizza $6.49 that's only $3.25/pizza (deluxe and pepperoni only)

4 comments:

  1. 1 pkg smokies (1 kg) Cheese or jalapeno NOT recommended. Slice and brown in large pot.
    Add:
    1 jar apricot jam
    3 TB lemon juice
    3 tsp dijon mustard
    1/4 teas ginger (opt)
    diced veggies (peppers, carrots, broc, onions, etc)
    Simmer 1/2 hour. Serve over rice.
    Or if you want to simplify to a single pot, add uncooked rice and additional water. Simmer until rice is cooked. Increase liquid for desired consistency.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, so for this next week the superstore flyer did another get so much back on gas when you spend.... I won't be using my coupon so if anyone wants it just come by and get it. Kara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have any takers for your till receipt? I'm presuming that you are referring to your receipt not the gas coupon as that is available at the store. The coupon is useless without a valid food receipt. Is this what you meant?
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete