Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Team effort

As I was wandering through Safeway this morning, wishing I had time to go to Save On too, I had a thought. Next month we should coordinate a little. I usually shop at superstore, so I generally don't need to buy 30-50$ worth of goods at other stores. But I like the sales. So, next month if we talk about which stores we are going to then if someone only wants what is on sale then we can arrange for someone else who was going anyway to pick it up. Does that make sense? I did pick up an extra 10kg of sugar for $8.06 today if anyone wants it and couldn't make it to Safeway.
What do you think?

Also, for the upcoming Birthday Party, I have been thinking about the food.
The plan is to have pizza. We have pizza night every Friday because I make it from scratch and it is healthier than what you can buy. So that is the vision I had in my mind when we decided on a menu. However, I didn't think about the logistics of that. This is where I need opinions Healthier or easier? If healthier then is there anyone out there willing to make a few pizza's? We probably need at least ten large cookie sheet sized, I can make 2-4. Or I can make all the shells and hand them out for people to top/cook/bring to the party. What do you think?
hope your day is great!

2 comments:

  1. Still don't know how to post my own message, so here's another grocery tip. If you are a Cheez Whiz fan, the large jar (1kg) is on for $4.98 (limit 1 of course)
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, I think that's a great idea about "custom" shopping on next discount day Tuesday. I'd be happy to go for others - most likely to Save-on or Sobey's. I usually hit one of those that day. As long as those who give me their list don't mind picking it up at my house later that day, or if they are not very mobile, I could drop it off on my way home from the shopping trip.
    here's my email address for those who want to send me their list by Monday night prior to the first Tuesday.
    joannlynn@telus.net
    Regarding the birthday party, what do you think of each person being assigned a topping or two and assembling them and baking them at the Church. I have no idea what you have planned for activities and even if that would work into the evening's schedule. I have a food processor and can shred cheese and ham and/or pepperoni and just bring it to the church.
    Just a thought. Let me know what you would like me to do.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete