Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Report on my road trip to No Frills in Sylvan

So, that was fun. I will be returning there and anyone who wants to go, I'll let you know and we can arrange to get together.
Aside from the items I highlighted in the blog (and by the way, there seemed to be no shortage of stock. Not like Superstore's sale items) I found some other things of interest. Apparently there was a Dollar Days a while back (at least 3 weeks) and any stock that is leftover from that sale remains at a dollar until sold. So, unlike other stores, they don't put the price back up after the sale is over. Lucky for me, because I was able to take advantage of some of those dollar day items.
Here is what I found to be a good price that was not advertized:
baby carrots $.89 (beats the sale price here)
pork back ribs $1.96/lb or $4.39/kg. That is a price not seen by this person. Sorry Luella, I meant to point that out to you. maybe someone else is going out before closing Thursday and they will get some for you.
Milk $3.86 Looks like they were competing with Walmart. Butter was also $2.97
From what I could tell, the following are regular prices, not temporary sales:
Instant potato flakes $2.99 (I use them in my bread)
Tortilla wraps $1.99(these were in the aisle with the taco seasonings)
Skim milk powder $21.99 - Superstore's price is at least $2.00 more for the exact bag. Food storage item, plus I use it to make bread.
NN chicken burgers 3kg bag $19.99. They are close to $23.00 at superstore (same bag). These are all white meat, uncooked. They don't have a processed flavor.
NN pizza pops box of 12/$4.99 As I mentioned in the earlier blog, I don't buy these convenience foods unless they work out to be less than $.50/serving. At $4.99, these are $.41 Consequently, they came home with me.
NN angel food cake mix. $2.19 Superstore price is $2.69 (The ones I bought last week are going back!!)
NN Soda crackers $1.69 Also less than sstore's regular price
Pam couldn't make it out with Luella and I today, so if anyone intends to go out, all her, she may just want to have you pick a few items for her. The flyer is good until closing Thursday. Sorry Pam, I would have done it, had I known. Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment