Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

JoAnn's Grocery Picks

There are a few items at each of the stores this week, but I'm going to highlight the store I am visiting this week.  As it is 15% at Safeway, Sobeys and Save-on, I will most likely go to Sobeys purely out of habit, but I have chosen Save-on and here's why.

Chicken legs, back attached, fresh $1.00/lb  That's only $.85/lb (on Tuesday that is) for fresh.  That means you don't have to try to cook the entire 5kg box because you can't possibly pry them apart.  Boil or pressure cook, debone and use for your favorite chicken casserole or soup or simply make the most delicious sandwiches for far cheaper and healthier than luncheon meat!!
Hunt's thick and rich pasta sauce $1.00  or $.85 on Tuesday
WF juice boxes $1.00/5  It is pure juice not punches or cocktail. $.85/5 on tuesday
Jamieson Vit C $4.99/120's  500 mg.  I realize that it's not organic, but when it comes to Vitamin C, I'm not that picky.  $4.25 on Tuesday
navel oranges $5.99/10lbs  $5.09/box on Tuesday.  A hair over $.50/lb  Tis the season for navel oranges.


May I take a moment to also remind everyone we will be starting our monthly potlucks this Sunday.  Immediately following our meetings at 4:00 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment