Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

JoAnn's Grocery Picks

Okay, Liesel, nothing like twisting my arm. Here's what I see in the flyers this week. And by the way, thanks for posting Walmart. Seems Westpark doesn't rate to receive Walmart flyers. So thanks for keeping me in the loop. Sobeys When I did a quick scan last week at the upcoming flyers, I determined that Sobeys was the place to go. Now when I look at the few things I marked, I wonder why I decided it. There's not that much, but I will still go there on Tuesday. I'll put the flyer price first and the Tuesday price in brackets. Strawberries $2.88/2 lb ($2.45/2lb)Let me put this into perspective for you. If you buy the 2kg bag of frozen at SS or Costco, then you know that you have probably not seen them cheaper than $8.00 Tuesday's price for FRESH would equate to $5.42 for 2kg!! How about this comparison. Ever buy the 600g frozen bag? They have been $3.99 on the best day. $1.63/600g for these fresh - not frozen berries. So this is what I do. I buy a ridiculous amount, let the kids eat to their hearts' content and then freeze the rest for smoothies, fruit salads, etc. Just another reason why I have no freezer space. Cucumbers $.88 ($.65) So I guess unless you go on Tuesday, Walmart has this beat. Mini cucumbers $2.49/6 pack tray ($2.11) celery $1.00 ($.85) head lettuce $.88 ($.75) Compliments salad dressings $2.29 ($1.95) Canned tomatoes $1.00 ($.85) Sour cream $1.00/250mL ($.85) That would equate to $2.55 for the large 750mL tub Armstrong cheese $9.99/900g While that's not great by any stretch of the imagination, Tuesday is $8.49 which is palatable, but not stupendous. I get spoiled when I can get it for $6.00. Then nothing else looks good for a long time after that. Signal (Sobeys house brand) frozen punches (not to be confused with juices) $.50/can ($.42) So that's it. But if you go, don't forget to stock up on milk and eggs since you will get your discount on them as well. Makes milk under $4.00/jug This is very annoying. The new format has me stumped. None of my line returns were saved, so everything is jumbled into one single paragraph. Very difficult to read. If someone is smarter than I (that wouldn't be hard) can you fix my post and also tell me what I did wrong so it doesn't happen again. Thanks

4 comments:

  1. Can't help you with your formatting, I think you are the only one who can edit your posts and I can only edit my posts. Not totally sure.
    Here's another for you though:
    Sobeys: Bull's Eye BBQ sauce $1.99, BUT if you buy three then you get 200 bonus points AND if you saved your BOGO from the last flyer inserts you can get 2 for $1.99, pretty good deal, n'est pas?
    COSTCO: $0.08 prints starting May 7! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes that sound good. Plus use it on Tuesday and now they are only $.85 each!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember that Sobey's gives rainchecks if they are out of something (as they usually are on canned tomatoes by the time I get to the store! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. JoAnn, Even with the format issue, I love reading your explanations/justifications that go with the prices! Thanks JoAnn & Liesel!

    ReplyDelete