Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Recipe for Chocolate Chip and Chickpeas cookies

First thing - PLEASE do not tell my children, or yours what the chickpeas are, as far as my kids know, they are nuts. :) Yes- my kids do not like their veggies.

1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup trans-fat-free soft tub margarine spread
2 large egg whites
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped walntus(optional)
3/4 cup raisins(optional)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt

I have never added the walnuts or raisins, I find it's a very packed cookie already and I even use less chocolate chips.

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beath the sugar and margarine until smooth, add egg whites and vanilla, then chickpeas and chocolate chips. Add the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt, and mix on low speed until a thick dough forms.
3. Drop the dough by tabelspoons onto baking sheet, spacing cookies about 2 inches apart. Press gently with a fork to flatten. Bake until cookies are golden and just set, 11 to 13 minutes. Do not overbake. Transfer to a rack to cool.

I got the recipe from Jessica Seinfelds book "Deceptively Delicious" which I highly recommend. I've made many many things out of there and smile every time my kids eat:)We've had chocolate cake with beets, oatmeal cookies with banana and zucchini, chocolate fondue with avocado and carrot and many more. You can borrow my cookbook if you'd like to. I'll try to remember and bring it to playgroup for anyone to take a look at.


Enjoy!! Luella

1 comment:

  1. THis is a great recipe. I've made it too. Should probably eat sooner than later. I used white beans and they got hard after a few days.

    ReplyDelete