Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

JoAnn's Grocery Pick for the week

As Liesel mentioned, not much for groceries, but here's a few.
Sobeys
Astro yogurt $1.00 each (I also saw it at Walmart last week)
Kraft peanut butter $2.99/1kg jar
Campbells chunky soups $1.00
celery $1.00 ea
baby carrots $1.00
coleslaw $1.00/pkg
fresh pineapple $1.99 each

Co-op
flour $5.98 - Limit of 2
Campbell's soups $5.99 limit of 2 ($.50/can)

NoFrills
frozen turkey $.95/lb limit of 2
toupie style ham $1.79/lb or $3.95/kg
fish fillets - pollock, sole or basa $3.99/ 680g That's almost 1/2 price
Kraft peanut butter $2.33/kg jar. Even better than Sobey's sale price
vector cereal $2.48
Christie crackers $1.69. Liesel, this is lower than your benchmark
Mars and twix bars $.49 each. Liesel, have you used up all the ones you bought earlier this year
McCain premier pizza 2 pk $5.99. That's $3.00 each
Charmin Extra strong toilet paper $5.77/16 double rolls. If anyone has ever used this brand, let me/us know if it's worth buying. It's $.36/roll. My benchmark is anything less than $.50/roll.
Jamieson vitamins and supplements 1/2 price
red globe grapes $.97/lb
cucumbers $.97 a
onions $.98/3 lb bag
mandarin oranges $4.88/9 lb box. That's $.54/lb. Or equivalent to $2.71/ 5 lb box

That's all I have. I apologize for not keeping up this topic of the blog. I haven't had time to shop and so really haven't even looked at the flyers and determine what's been out there. So, don't give up on me. I will get back in the groove.
I will be going out to NoFrills tomorrow, so if you need only a couple of items, give me a shout before noon. If you want to go out with me, same thing, call me and we'll go together.
Have a great week.

One last thing,
If you bought a STUP book, don't forget to use the Co-op grocery coupons.
And I still have Sobeys gift cards if you have used up the ones you got before or if you thought you missed out. They don't expire, so don't worry about that.


1 comment:

  1. I really like Charmin toilet paper, it is my favorite. Very SOFT :)

    ReplyDelete