Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

No Frills + Superstore

No Frills
strawberries $1.77/ 1lb
bartlett or bosc pears $0.97/lb
mars bars $0.49 (I think someone out there is trying really hard to get me fat)
Pork tenderloin $2.97/lb (cryovac 2 pack) - this doesn't JoAnn's definition but the flyer states that it's half-price
broccoli $0.67/bunch. I could eat this stuff all day, every day. I really like it with (low-fat) cheese sauce and I've been adding paprika to spice it up - yummy.
black diamond cheese strings 16 pk $3.99 (save $2.88)
Chapman's frozen yogurt $3.99 for 500mL (pricy, but if you're on a diet and want something healthier than ice cream that still tastes good, this is a good choice)
McCain Premeire Traditional crust pizza $3.99 (save $1)

Superstore
$25 gift card with $250 purchase (Oct 8-11)
NN cheese $7.98 for 907g (reg $9.98), limit 2
cantaloupe $1.46 each
Harvest Crunch, Life, Corn Bran squares (RD choice for high fibre and okay tasting), oatmeal squares (taste better, less fibre), cap'n crunch (NO fibre), $2.99, reg $4.98 limit 2
apple juice $0.97 1L
flyer coupons
save $2 on Cover Girl cosmetics
save $5 on select Hasbro games (monopoly, guess who, connect 4, operation, twister, clue, battleship, pictureka, scrabble (I hate that game), candy land, hungry hungry hippo) PLUS they are already 25% off
bartlett pears $4.98 for 6lbs (better than No Frills, but I can't eat that many pears)

That's all for today. I just realized that there may be other deals but I often don't list them because I filter everything through a dietitian's eye first. If they aren't too healthy, I'll usually put a disclaimer. Eat a salad with your pizza instead of 1/2 a pizza. much better for you :)

1 comment:

  1. You are right Liesel, the pork is over my limit and compared to $1/lb 2 weeks ago, this is almost criminal. I'm very sorry for those who didn't get the pork loin then, it is so very tasty and tender.

    ReplyDelete